ESO-ESSO-ESTRO Multidisciplinary Course on Oncology for Medical Students
Jointly organised by ESO (European School of Oncology), ESSO (European Society of Surgical Oncology) and ESTRO (European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology), the key goal of this course is to encourage medical students to specialize in an oncology related discipline.
During 2 weeks (10 working days), students will receive theoretical and practical training from experienced teachers. The programme incorporates plenary sessions, case study presentations, daily special visits to various oncology departments and group course projects that must be finalized and presented at the end of the course.
At the end of the course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of oncology and a clear picture of the complexity and importance of the multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment.
- Ten working days
- Theoretical plenary sessions
- Case presentations
- Daily two-hour practical sessions in small groups (labs, ward, visits, etc)
- Preparation in small working groups of a presentation on a specific topic
under the supervision of a teacher.
- The last day will be devoted to the project presentations delivered by the students (compulsory)
- Students are requested to bring their laptops to the course
This course is offered to medical students who have completed their fourth year of studies at the time of the course.
Participation will be limited to 24 students who will be selected through a competitive application process.
- History, epidemiology, genetics, dia-gnostics, treatment principles and therapeutic approaches, prevention and screening
- Communication with the patient
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Gastric & Oesophageal cancer
- Gynaecological cancers
- Head and neck cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Sarcoma and melanoma
Nähere Informationen zum Kurs: https://www.essoweb.org/courses/eso-esso-estro-multidisciplinary-course-oncology-medical-students-2020/